Academy Committee Induction
Thank you for agreeing to become a Representative of a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
The role of the Academy Committee makes a significant contribution to ensuring the mission and effectiveness of the school to provide the very best Catholic Education for the children and their families.
This webpage has been produced to help you grow in understanding of the role you are undertaking and to ensure that you are fully equipped for this work.
New Representatives will receive
- The new Representative webpage link
- A membership list for the Academy Committee can be found here
- The Code of Conduct for the Academy Committee, to be signed and returned to the Chair/Clerk
- The committee structure, terms of reference and membership for the Academy Committee can be found here
- The school mission Statement
- All relevant CES statements including:
- The statement on Governance of a Catholic school “A clarification of roles and responsibilities”
- The school improvement plan (SIP)
- The school’s latest Ofsted report and the school’s latest Section 48 (RE Inspection) report can be found here
- A full list of staff and the staffing structure can be found here
- School strategic objectives and targets
- A full set of papers from the last full Academy Committee meeting and committee meetings are available on Governor Hub
- Recent school newsletters and a calendar of school events
- Details of how to contact other Representatives
- Details of how to contact the school including the email address
- Details of Representative support and training available.
Areas the Principal or Chair of the Academy Committee will cover in their briefing will include:
- Current issues facing the school
- Relationship between the Principal and Academy Committee
- Relationship between the school and the Birmingham Diocesan Education Service
- An overview of the Representative’s role
- How the full Academy Committee and committee meetings are conducted
- How to propose agenda items